Caring All together on Romney Marsh (CARM) is a registered charity based in The Street, Appledore. Our aim is to provide support and services to older and vulnerable people living within Romney Marsh and the Tenterden area who are socially isolated and or lonely.
CARM provides three key services to support our aims. All of the services are delivered by trained and dedicated volunteers; we have approximately 120 volunteers working with us currently.
At any one time over 250 people are regularly benefitting from our services.
Meeting Points are similar to coffee mornings, with extras.
• A one to one befriending service where our volunteers visit people in their own homes for a chat on a regular basis. Card and board games are often played too.
• A telephone calling service, for a regular chat.
• Currently trialling technology assisted befriending with iPads.
• Our Memories Matter and Caring to Remember are talking reminiscence services delivering themed sessions using props in various care settings on a regular basis. The services are designed to trigger memories.
• Musical Memories Matter is a singing and music reminiscence service.
Overall our services improve peoples’ well-being, enhance their quality of life and help them to remain independent for as long as possible.
If you or someone you know would benefit from any of our services, please contact us.
If you or someone you know would like to volunteer for us, we would love to hear from you.
T: 01233 758122
Registered charity number 1067189